Applications are already open for the Vienna Biocenter Summer School 2020 in Austria, Europe.
The Vienna Biocenter Summer School provides a unique opportunity for approx. 30 undergraduate students to work side by side with leading researchers in a dynamic scientific environment.
The programme aims to attract talented students from around the world, creating a vibrant and diverse atmosphere. It is the perfect preparation for those students who are interested in graduate study in the life sciences arena. Applicants who are successful are provided with accommodation, a travel allowance and a stipend for the duration of the scholarship. The programme, starts on the last Friday in June and finishes on the the last Friday of August each year.
The school is a collaboration between five of Europe’s leading research institutes: Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Gregor Mendel Institute, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Institute of Molecular Pathology and the Max Perutz Labs and is generously sponsored by the Max Birnstiel Foundation.
- Free student accommodation
- Each student will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week programme
- Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks
- A free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna
- Numerous social events
To apply, applicants need to have the following:
- Completed at least 2 years of a University study (eg. 2/3 years of a Bachelor study or at least 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June)
- Some previous research experience
- Good academic record
- High level of English language
- Evidence of enrolment in a University programme for the current academic year and the next year (if possible)
- Apply online through the given link.
- Applicants must upload enrolment certificate and transcript of studies and/or exam results for the last years of applicant’s course.
- Applicants will also need to upload a proof of enrolment for the next academic year. If this is not possible, they should upload a personal statement with the programmes that they have/will apply for.
- All uploaded documents that are not in English or German should have a translation attached. The translation can be done by the applicant.
- The summer school does not charge an application fee.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020 (143 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link