The U-Save Fellowship Program aims to build a new order by developing young leaders aligned with the foundation’s vision. The fellowship program focuses on enhancing WASH and Climate Change capacity through medium- and long-term training opportunities. By identifying specific areas of need within the WASH sector, U-Save provides comprehensive and tailored training to tackle the challenges head-on.
The U-Save Fellowship program is perfect for those who are passionate about making a difference in Nigeria’s water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) sector and Climate resilience and want to gain valuable training, experience, and support to contribute to positive change in the lives of others.
The U-Save Foundation Fellowship Program will span six (6) months, providing fellows with comprehensive training and support. The exact duration will depend on the specific training track and identified needs within the WASH sector. Fellows will engage in a combination of theoretical learning, practical fieldwork, and mentorship to maximize their learning experience.
The U-Save Foundation recognizes the pressing need for well-prepared leaders to address the multi-faceted threats of WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene) and climate change in Nigeria. They believe equipping young individuals with the right knowledge and skills is crucial to creating a sustainable and resilient future.
The U-save Foundation is a non-governmental, non-profit organization registered in Nigeria. Established in May 2020, U-Save works to provide access to safe drinking water, and proper sanitation facilities and improve hygiene practices in Nigeria through, consultations, direct project execution, awareness campaigns, advocacy, capacity building, and research.
The number of people in the world without access to clean water and adequate sanitation continues to grow and still remains a global concern Nigeria was ranked as one of the top three countries in the world that has inadequate access to clean drinking water and ranked second for Open Defecation practices. The U-Save Foundation is aimed at bridging the gap and reducing the mortality and morbidity statistics associated with inadequate water supply, sanitation, and hygiene by consistently
- In-depth hybrid training for 6 months to equip with the necessary skills and knowledge to combat public health threats in WASH and Climate Change.
- The opportunity to engage in extended training programs to enhance expertise and drive meaningful impact.
- Specialized training within the WASH and Climate Change sector that require immediate attention to address critical issues and make a lasting difference.
- The opportunity to become part of a vibrant community of like-minded individuals, facilitating networking and collaboration opportunities with professionals, experts, and organizations working in the field.
- Must be residents of Abuja for the 2023 cohort.
- Must have a graduate degree (HND/BSc) in any field.
- Should have 1-2 years of volunteering experience for social projects.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- Must be available to participate fully in the program for six months.
- Must show the potential to implement WASH and Climate Change programs that can impact the communities upon completion.
- Applications have to be made through the Google form available on the apply link.