The Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) scheme, part of the Science, Industry and Translation programme, aims to increase the knowledge and awareness in UK universities of cutting edge industrial science, research and innovation.
The scheme provides opportunities for enthusiastic, highly experienced industrial scientists and entrepreneurs to spend one day a week at a university developing a bespoke project to:
- expose university staff and students to state-of-the-art industrial research and development, and the scientific challenges faced by industry
- provide support and expert advice aimed at promoting innovation and the translation of research by universities
- grow confidence in and understanding of business and entrepreneurship among staff and students
- provide career recognition to the award holders, and support their professional development
- The scheme provides a contribution to the basic salary for the EiR and towards travel and project costs.
The fellowship scheme is currently funded by the Royal Society.
The EiR awards are for one year. The value of the scheme is up to a maximum of £20,000 (including VAT where applicable), and is expected to cover the following:
- Salary equivalent to 0.2 FTE of the award holder’s current salary to spend 20% of their working time at the host. The EiR’s basic salary only will be paid during the secondment; the EiR’s employer will continue to pay national insurance and pension contributions
- Travel and project costs for award holders to travel to and from their host, and accommodation if required. Project costs to help deliver the aims of the project plan can also be included, as can conference attendance, meeting workshops and training
The scheme covers all areas of the life and physical sciences, including engineering, but excluding clinical medicine.
The scheme is open to applicants of any nationality, who are eligible to work in the UK for the duration of the award. Applicants should have a background in science and engineering. They must be able to demonstrate significant experience of working in science in an industrial research context and one or more of the following:
- experience of managing university-business collaborations and the translation and commercialization of research
- experience of entrepreneurship, such as company formation and growth, investment, etc.
- experience or interest in training, coaching or mentoring
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: September 25, 2020 (4 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link