Akademie Schloss Solitude supports young artists, scholars, scientists, as well as cultural and economic professionals via residential fellowships only. International artists, scientists, scholars, and business representatives are invited to apply for fellowships in the spheres listed here:
- VISUAL – Visual arts and media
Including painting, sculpture, drawing, installation, film, video, printing, ceramics, textiles, performance
- AURAL & PHYSICAL – Music and performing arts
Including music, music interpretation and composition, sound installation, sound performance, dance, choreography, drama, theater, music theater, dramaturgy, directing
- DIGITAL – Digital Solitude
Including digital art, gaming, hacking, computing, programming, web-based video production and installation, digital journalism, digital publishing
- SPATIAL – Architecture and design
Including architecture, urban planning, landscape architecture, applied arts, design, stage design, fashion design, costume design, product design, furniture design
- TEXTUAL – Literature and language
Including German-language and international literature in all written forms (dramatic texts, lyric poetry, prose, essay, and translation)
- SOCIETAL/COMMUNAL-BASED WORK – Education, mediation, theory
Including art criticism, critical theory, curation, art education, socially engaged art
- SCIENTIFIC – art, science & business/Humanities, social, natural and economic sciences
Including philosophy, anthropology, biology, botany, physics, mathematics, computer science, cultural studies, ecology, gender studies, history, law, public policy, medicine, political science and political theory, psychology, sociology, economics, and finance
The fellowship includes the following benefits:
- A free, furnished living/working studio including electricity, water and heating,
- A monthly fellowship grant of € 1,200,
- Travel expenses for arrival and departure (on a one-time basis).
The Akademie also offers optional additional benefits which are adjustable in accordance with the current budget situation:
- Transport expenses subsidy for the carriage of materials, tools, instruments and books to Stuttgart and from Stuttgart to the fellow’s home town,
- Project funding and one-off materials subsidy,
- Health insurance in the case of non-EU fellowship candidates.
- You are aged up to 40 years,
- You have completed your studies
Please note that applications from those still enrolled in degree programs during the application round will not be considered. PhD candidates may submit applications,
- You speak English, or German or French. The knowledge of either English, German or French is a prerequisite for application,
- You are willing to have your permanent residence in Stuttgart for the fellowship’s duration (obligation to register as a Stuttgart citizen during the residence).
- Follow the apply now link for the application form.
- Please follow the official link for further details.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link