The PPSI Online Graduate Trainee Fellowship is a program founded and coordinated by People’s Participation for Sustainable Interventions (PPSI) which is offering organizations/companies the chance to employ trainees for free within their staff thanks to the grant from the Pollination Project. Since its launch 2021 August, the online graduate trainee fellowship has received over 2000 application from youth graduates in Zambia wishing to be placed within the fellowship. Applications to become a Host Organizations are currently open. The related procedure is described below.
- The Call for Host Organizations
This is a Call for Organizations and Companies based across the world to host trainees who will be awarded the PPSI Online Graduate Trainee Fellowship in 2022. Candidate trainees are new Zambian graduates who graduated not longer than 2 years (2020) for placement in online traineeships lasting up to 3 months.
- Timing and deadlines
Host Organization can submit their application any time before 31st December 2022 at https://ppsizambia.com/current-projects/. The organization has over 2000 trainees waiting to be matched to a host organization. Matching Phase with trainees will be done on a rolling basis as applications are received from the host organizations. Period and duration of the internship will be up to a maximum of 3 months for each trainee.
- Focus of the traineeship and educational objective
The expected educational objective for traineeships offered to all trainees is the development of professional skills useful for:
- developing and presenting financing proposals,
- managing and implementing project activities promoting the development of transversal skills, including but not limited to: project management, project design, digital skills, web and graphic design, marketing, communication, social media management, business and administration. These significantly enrich curriculum profiles and can easily be spent in other professional sectors, raising the prospects of employment for participants.
Candidate trainees are recent Zambian graduates who graduated not longer than 2 years (2020) and currently hold a bachelor’s degree. The most common courses of study in the applications received so far are; Communication and Media, Economics and Business, Marketing, International Relations, Law and Political Science, Scientific Research and Human Rights.
- Eligible host organizations
Host Organizations can be any public or private organization active in the labor market, for example a public or private, small, medium or large enterprise (including social enterprises); a public body at local, regional or national level; a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft, professional associations and trade unions; a research institute; a foundation; a non-profit organization, association, NGO; a body providing career guidance, professional counseling and information services etc.
- Duties of the Host Organizations
Host Organizations must:
- Provide the trainee with a supervisor who will guide the trainee during the duration of the traineeship;
- Assign tasks to the trainee that are consistent and in line with the host organizations policies and activities;
- Provide the trainee with information needed to perform his/her duties;
- Encourage trainees’ development of skills and experiences;
- Conditions of the traineeship
Participation as a Host Organizations is free of charge. Host organizations do not incur any costs and do not receive financial support from the project. Trainees receive all the necessary support from the project including internet services to enable them work remotely/online. Trainees follow office working hours of the host organization, unless otherwise agreed with the Host Organization. Host Organizations host only those candidates they evaluated positively during interviews. There is no limitation to the number of trainees that can be hosted by one organization. Host Organizations can host as many trainees as they have the capacity for. Organizations and trainees agree on the dates, working hours and tasks in the contract signed between both parties with PPSI as a third party.
Please note: This is an online fellowship and therefore, traineeships must be undertaken remotely through any kind of virtual/online activity that further the aim of the traineeship organized by the Host Organization.
Traineeships should be provided exclusively in English.
- Application as Host Organization
Applications to become Host Organizations must be submitted online through the organization website at Current Projects – People’s Participation for Sustainable Interventions (PPSI) (ppsizambia.com).
- The opportunity to impact the next generation: Serving as a host organization in the PPSI-YEP program helps you give back to the younger generation in the global south and empower youths to become agents of positive change.
- Network with other organization: The PPSI – YEP project provides a platform to interact and network with other host organizations across different countries. So, joining the team brings you closer to these like-minded organizations, which could foster collaboration and partnership in the nearest future.
- Benefit from the expertise of the Youths: The interns will be beneficial to the host organizations for the delivery of services or for the daily operations of the organization.
- Host Organizations can be any public or private organization active in the labor market, for example a public or private, small, medium or large enterprise (including social enterprises);
- a public body at local, regional or national level; a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft, professional associations and trade unions;
- a research institute;
- a foundation;
- a non-profit organization, association, NGO;
- a body providing career guidance, professional counseling and information services etc.
Apply online through the Apply Now link.
Apply nowOfficial link