ITTO offers fellowships through the Freezailah Fellowship Fund to promote human resource development and to strengthen professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry and related disciplines. The goal is to promote the sustainable management of tropical forests, the efficient use and processing of tropical timber, and better economic information about the international trade in tropical timber.
The key objective is to develop human resources and enhance professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry, tropical timber industries, and related disciplines, with a view to promoting sustainable management of tropical forests, efficient utilization and processing of tropical timber, and better economic information on the international trade in tropical timber.
ITTO Fellowship Programme encourages the capacity development of women foresters and has supported 406 women to undertake fellowship activities, accounting for more than 30% of the total number of fellowships.
- The maximum amount for a fellowship award is US$10,000.
- ITTO Fellowship Award provides tuition/training/conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances.
- For post-graduate studies, only a partial tuition fee or a small research grant can be provided.
- Only nationals of ITTO Member countries are eligible to apply
- Awards are to be made to individuals not to institutions.
- Previous ITTO Fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply for an ITTO Fellowship, within two years ofreceiving an award and submitting to the Secretariat a final report on the activity for which the award was made.
- Please note that incomplete applications or applications found to contain false information will not be considered.
- Applicants should comply with the Budget Guidelines contained in the budget section of the on–line application site.
Please read the following instructions carefully before completing your application.
- Applications must be submitted on–line at: www.itto.int/feature20/.
- Applications must be received by the Secretariat before the advertised deadline.
- Applicants must attach the following documents in a PDF files when submitting applications.
- Scanned copies of two letters of recommendation signed by referees (The form is available on the online application site.)
- Official letter(s) of acceptance from host institutions
- Provide Supporting documents for the following:
- Short–term training courses and training internships: documents showing the course description and the course fees.
- Conferences: documents showing the conference description and the conference fees, and an abstract of the paper or a full paper if the applicant is presenting a paper
- Study tours and lecture/demonstration tours: a detailed schedule of visit and Pro-forma invoices of major items of expenses
- Technical document preparation, publication and dissemination: an outline of the technical document or a draft of the document, and pro–forma invoices for printing and other budgeted items
- Post–graduate studies: a brief research proposal and documents showing the program description, the tuition fees and other major items of expenses
- Traveling by air: documents showing airfare, such as a pro–forma invoice.
- Visa fee and airport tax: supporting documents showing the costs for the visa fee and airport tax
- Traveling on land: supporting documents showing the costs for car rental, approximate distance for traveling between the places of visits, the costs for train/bus, etc.
- For those who are non–native speakers of the language to be used in the fellowship activity: a certificate indicating proficiency in the language.
- Applications that are received after the deadline will not be forwarded to the next round of Fellowship Selection for consideration. If an applicant is interested in having his/her application considered for a subsequent round(s), a new application should be submitted.
- If a proposed activity requires more than US$10,000, applicants are required to list in the budget section of the application form the other financial sources and the amount secured or to be secured from the sources. Applicants should submit evidence of funding from the other financial sources, and applications without such evidence will not be considered. Applicants who indicate funding from personal or family sources need to provide satisfactory proof. Applicants should be aware that activities requiring more than US$10,000 will receive additional scrutiny from the Fellowship Panel.
Application Deadline: October 21, 2021 (2 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link