The Interfolio postdoctoral fellowship at Tulane University will conduct independent research on molecular and cellular factors contributing to the development of osteoarthritis with special emphasis on exosomes (extracellular vesicles). This position requires participation in projects focused on the analysis of human proteome and transcriptome, utilizing Western blot, next-generation sequencing technology (e.g. RNA-Seq, miRNA-Seq etc.), qPCR and other methods. It also includes analysis of exosomes (size determination and quantification with NanoSight, analysis of the exosomal cargo, confocal microscopy etc.).
Tulane University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution committed to excellence through diversity. Tulane University will not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, colour, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
The postdoctoral fellow would get to analyze and summarize collected data in written form and, together with principal investigator, write manuscripts and publish results of research in scientific journals.
The provided qualifications would be looked at while selecting the eligible candidates:
- PhD in Molecular and Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Two years of experience in molecular biology techniques.
Other than the provided ones, the potential candidates would be expected to carry the following
- Knowledge of molecular biology methods, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn how to operate laboratory equipment e.g. NanoSight, qPCR system, bioanalyzer etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and prioritize work assignments.
- Present data orally at lab meetings, seminars and national meetings.
Apply online through the given link.
Apply nowOfficial link