Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme is a fully funded opportunity for students from all over the world to study in the leading universities of Hong Kong. The fully-funded scholarships for international students are available for every individual who is academically brilliant, has a track record of achievements, and exhibits leadership qualities. Anyone around the globe can apply to this Ph.D. fellowship program regardless of the place or country of living or birth and ethnic, religious, or political affinities. Moreover, the Hong Kong fellowships have no restrictions on the prior work experience of the interested fellows.
The Hong Kong Ph.D. scholarship is a scheme that is introduced by the Research Grants Council to attract the brightest minds in the world to continue their Ph. D.s in the Kong universities. The students can apply to those universities which are on the panel of the Research Grants Council. Under this fully-funded fellowship, the students who are talented and have extraordinary potential and skills like communication, research ability, and leadership qualities can apply to top universities in Hong Kong. The 300 Ph.D. fellowships scheme is a platform where the students get a chance to study at the university of their own choice out of eight universities that are on the list of RGC.
Hong Kong fellowship grant provides the PhD students a platform where they can interact with students of different cultures. Moreover, Hong Kong is a city of diversity as is located in the heart of Asia. The Ph.D. fellows of the Research Grants Council will get a chance to dive into the pool of global connectivity, excellence, and quality lifestyle. Furthermore, the quality of education in Hong Kong is one of the finest. Hence, international Ph.D. fellows in the heart of Asia will experience an everlasting educational experience that is beneficial for their personal as well as professional growth and expertise.
The fully-funded doctoral scholarship is a chance for Ph.D. fellows to gain world-class experience in every academic program and research activity in Asia’s World City. The highly competitive fellowship grants 300 scholarships to students from every corner of the world on the basis of their excellent academic records and interpersonal skills. Since 2009 when RGC launched the scholarship scheme, numerous students have received benefits and have participated in research that has changed the world. The Hong Kong fellows have marked their names in every field whether it is science, medicine, engineering, humanities, economics, etc. Thus, this international fellowship program for Ph.D. fellows is a golden opportunity to pursue their higher studies in the best possible ways.
- The fellows will receive an annual stipend of HK $322,800 for up to three years.
- The fellows will receive a travel allowance of HK $ 13,500 annually for conferences and research-related relocation.
- Additional Support will be provided by the university if the Ph.D. extends from 3 years.
- No prior work experience is required.
- No application is required for the initial fellowship application.
- Candidates must be new full-time PhD students.
- Candidates can be from any nationality around the globe.
- The candidates have to prove that their university education has been conducted in the English language.
- In case, the candidate’s prior medium of education is not English, he/she has to provide an English Proficiency Certificate.
- If the candidate is not a new PhD student, he/she can only apply for this fellowship if he/she may get admission to other new full-time PhD programs.
- The candidate must choose from the given list of 8 universities.
- The candidates have to apply separately for the university and this fellowship.
- The candidates have to apply first for the fellowship.
- In order to apply for the fellowship, the candidates have to complete the initial application through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES).
- After the successful submission of the initial application, the candidates will receive a reference number.
- The candidates have to apply for chosen universities (Up to 2 universities and 2 programs depending on the priority) and the given reference number must have to be mentioned in the university application form.
- In case the candidates forget to mention the HKPFSES reference number, their applications will be considered on a regular basis and will not be considered for this fellowship.
- Every university has a different submission deadline so in order to receive the reference number before the deadline you have to fill out the initial application as soon as possible to meet the university deadline.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link