Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their Ph.D. studies in Hong Kong’s universities.
Candidates who are seeking admission as new full-time Ph.D. students in the following eight universities, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience, and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Total 300 Ph.D. Fellowships will be awarded in the 2022/23 academic year. The Fellowship provides:
- an annual stipend of HK$322,800 (approximately US$41,400) per year
- a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,500 (approximately US$1,730) per year
For awardees who need more than three years to complete the Ph.D. degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities. For details, please contact the universities concerned directly.
While candidates’ academic excellence is of primary consideration, the Selection Panels will take into account factors as follows:
- Academic excellence;
- Research ability and potential;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities.
Eligible candidates should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number by 1 December 2021 at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00 before submitting applications for Ph.D. admission to their desired universities.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2021 (22 Hours Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link