TUM-IAS Hans Fischer Senior Fellowship is given to distinguished students who intend to probe ingenious and high-risk scientific research areas. The fellowship lasts 3 years and the fellows are expected to spend 9 months at TUM.
Hans Fischer Senior Fellows receive an award of €60,000 plus €50,000 for travel, housing and research related costs, such as the organization of workshops etc. A further €50,000 can be allocated to the Fellowship if required (e.g. projects with special experimental needs). This further funding requires an application to the TUM-IAS office and will be granted on the basis of quality, need and availability of funds. Fellows will be given a maximum degree of freedom as to how they utilize these funds (within bounds set by the funding agencies; funds are administered by the TUM-IAS) and their time. The award will be transferred to the Fellow typically in two to three installments.
Refer to the official website to see how you will be benefited from this fellowship.
Check your eligibility for applying to the fellowship in the official website.Eligible Regions: Open for All
Candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- Nomination letter from a host in TUM
- Resume (no more than 5 pages)
- A statement of purpose signed by the candidate and the host (see website to see the information to be included in the statement)
- A list of 4-6 international peer-reviewers without any conflict of interest
- A letter of nomination from the Dean of the hosting faculty or another member of the EHP or Board of Trustees
See website for details on how to submit your applicationApply nowOfficial link