The Halcyon Incubator Program invites young entrepreneurs to get a chance to transform their outstanding ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures and change the world.
The organization was founded to ensure that all social entrepreneurs, regardless of their economic background, can succeed. The program reduces the financial barriers to starting a social venture and gives extensive guidance to the entrepreneurs.
The program gives fellows the opportunity to work and get feedback from world-class advisors and mentors. It has also partnered with several leading firms for fellows to get consulting sessions from pioneers of the community. It also provides 5 months of free housing, 13 months of free workspace and $10,000 per venture.
- Five months of free housing at the historic Halcyon House (Residency Phase)
- A $10,000 stipend per venture for food and living expenses (Post-Residency Phase)
- A $10,000 stipend per venture for food and living expenses (Residency Phase)
- Experts from leading firms in the community will advise and directly support the fellows’ ventures.
- Entrepreneurs get a robust network of supporters, advisors, and potential funders.
- During the Residency Phase, each venture is paired with an experienced, field-specific mentor.
- The applicants must submit the application by 10th October, 2018.
- The candidates must be at least 21 of age by the start of the program.
- Any candidate who will be enrolled in a college or university during the fellowship is not eligible.
- The applicants must be fluent in English.
- The venture should be original idea of the entrant and it must be in start-up idea, MVP, or pilot phase.
- Partnership ventures are eligible as long as both individuals fulfill the eligibility criteria.Ventures may be for-profit, hybrid, or undecided but the core mission must be to bring a social change. Entries structured as ‘non-profit’ will only be considered if they have a product or service they are selling, and that have a business model at their core.
- The venture must be independant and autonomous. Therefore, they cannot be under the direction of an existing organization. It can’t have more than $500,000 annual revenue.
- The applicants or applicant’s team must be the primary decision maker for their venture’s development and management.
- The applicants have to devote full-time to the venture’s development in the first 12 months of the fellowship.
- The fellows must have legal work status in the United States or be able to obtain a visa for the Residency and Post-Residency phase.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: October 10, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link