Join our “Stay below 1.5!” writing competition and win a fully funded fellowship to the May climate negotiations in Bonn, Germany!
Climate tracker is looking for young writers from around the world who want to make a big impact in their countries by writing about about the necessity to stay below 1.5 degrees of warming and the ways in which we can reach that target: 100% renewable energy, natural solutions and zero fossil fuels and their vested influence.
In 2018, the most prominent scientific body on climate change issues, the IPCC, will release the Special Report on 1.5° (SR1.5). It is also the year of the Talanoa Dialogue, during which countries have to increase their ambition on fighting climate change.
Climate tracker need to remind the governments and decision makers that we can and must stay below 1.5 degrees of warming. We need a transition to 100% renewable energy and foster natural climate solutions, like reforestation and forest protection. The interests of the fossil fuel and biofuels industries are trying to delay action, but we must act now!
- Fully-funded fellowship and journalism mentorship.
- Check the official website for further details.
- Must be 18-30 years old
- Must be available to travel in Germany this May
- Must have published an article in a media outlet on the topics given
- Between the 1st and the 23rd of March, you have to write an article about why we must stay below 1.5 degrees of warming and how we can achieve that.
- By that time, you have to publish an article in media in your country or region. It can be a newspaper, a magazine, an online news site, etc. Once your article is published, make sure to submit the link to us through our app before the 23rd.
- Climate Tracker will revise the articles submitted through the app, give you feedback and tips, and select the best writers. The 2 best writers will get a fully funded fellowship to Bonn, Germany for the UNFCCC meeting.
Application Deadline: March 23, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link