The Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva is an internationally recognized leading research institution.
This cutting-edge research covers a broad range of scientific disciplines: astronomy, biology, chemistry and biochemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, earth sciences and the environment. The Faculty hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Sciences Foundation (Chemical Biology; SwissMAP; Planets) as well as many European research projects. The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal training base for an academic but also a professional development, opening on careers in industry, teaching, administration in sciences, communication and media… The programs Master’s degrees are either entirely in English, or in English and French.
The Masters of the internationally top-ranked Faculty of Science constitute an ideal entry for professional and academic careers. They cover a broad range of scientific disciplines: Astrophysics, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Sciences, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Mathematics and Computer Science, Neuroscience, Pharmacy, Physics, Prehistoric Archaeology.
The Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva aims at stimulating academic excellence by providing financial support to top students from all over the world, who are interested in following a Master Course. Applications are open to highly motivated students that have successfully completed their Bachelor (or that expect to complete it within 6 months), ranking among the top 10% of their institution, and that intend to follow a Master program at the University of Geneva. UNIGE courses are organized according to the European credit system (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System – ECTS ).
The Faculty of Science, with the support of external partners, has established an Excellence Fellowship program open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty. Candidate selection is based on excellence.
- The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties);
- It is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
- A French exam is not required to follow a Master program at the Faculty of Science. In most Master programs, lectures are partly in English, in some completely. To have the adequate proficiency in English and/or French is the responsibility of each student. Consult the web pages of each Master program or contact its coordinator for detailed information.
- Bachelor recognized by the University of Geneva. Contact the relevant Master coordinator for more details.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
The application (in English or French) must include the following documents in the form of a SINGLE pdf file:
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to
- Excellence-Ma[email protected]) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link