Are you looking for a scholarship to help you recruit a foreign student to do doctoral research? The EDUFI Fellowship is intended, particularly, for providing initial funding to carry out research for a doctoral thesis in Finland.
They have attracted excellent young researchers to Finland with the fellowship, the majority of whom have also managed to secure further funding for their research.
Purpose: initial funding for completing a doctoral research project in Finland, completion of a double degree or a study visit on exceptionally compelling reasons
Application deadline: Rolling deadline. You should apply for the grant five months before the start of the fellowship.
Duration of fellowship: 3–12 months, visits 3–6 months
- Size of grant: 1,500 euros/month (2021)
- The fellows cannot apply for the EDUFI Fellowship themselves, because the grant will be awarded only to a Finnish university department.
- The university will first pay the grant to the fellow as a personal grant and will then invoice it to EDUFI after the end of the fellowship.
- The grant can be split over several periods.
- The grant is intended to cover the living costs of the fellow in Finland. They will not pay separate accommodation costs or contribute to travel, visa, residence permit or insurance costs.
You can apply for the fellowship grant if
- you work as a researcher or a teacher in a Finnish university department
- you will be hosting the research fellow
- you will commit to common objectives with the research fellow
- you will offer facilities and equipment for the use of the research fellow
- you will supervise the research.
You can apply for a fellowship for a non-Finnish post-graduate (post-Master’s degree) student or a young researcher that you will invite to Finland or who has been in Finland for a maximum of one year before applying for the fellowship.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- You can fill in the EDUFI Fellowship application form in Finnish, Swedish or English.
- The application form comes with instructions on how to fill it and a list of required annexes.
- Please post the signed form and annexes by e-mail to: Kirjaamo(at)oph.fi , and write “EDUFI Fellowship” in the subject line of the e-mail.
NB! EDUFI will not process applications where the applicant is some other than a Finnish university representative.
Apply nowOfficial link