Applications are now open for Nasser Leadership Fellowship 2021.
The Nasser Leadership Fellowship is one of the implementation mechanisms of the following: Egypt Vision 2030 / 10 principles of the Afro-Asian People’s Solidarity Organization / Africa Agenda 2063 / Sustainable Development Goals 2030/ South-South Cooperation / African Union Roadmap on Harnessing the Demographic Dividend through Investments in Youth and African Youth Charter. By way of example, the Fellowship offers an equal opportunity to both genders as indicated in the 5th Goal of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. The Fellowship also seeks to empower young people and give to actors from different countries of the world the chance to connect and forge partnerships in various fields, not only at the continental level but also at the international level, as referred to in the 17th Goal of the SDGs.
The 2nd Nasser International Fellowship is expanded to include youth leaders from Asia and Latin America, in addition to the African continent. The 2nd cohort is scheduled to be hosted under the auspices of President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt. Emerged from the Nasser Leadership Fellowship “Nasser Youth Movement” in several African countries that adopt the principles endorsed by the founding fathers of the Organization of African Unity, calling for unity and solidarity between Africans and brotherly peoples who supported Africa, namely: Asian and Latin American peoples.
The link between the Nasser Fellowship and the South-South Cooperation Development:
- Foster the self-reliance of developing countries by enhancing their creative capacity to find solutions to their development problems in keeping with their own aspirations, values and specific needs
- Increase and improve communications among developing countries, leading to a greater awareness of common problems and wider access to available knowledge and experience as well as the creation of new knowledge in tackling development problems
- Strengthen existing technological capacities in the developing countries and promote the transfer of technology and skills that are compatible with the resources and development capacities of developing countries, leading to enhanced individual and collective self-reliance
- Enable developing countries to achieve a greater degree of participation in international economic activities and to expand international cooperation for development
- Connect the most influential young leaders – at the level of the three continents of Africa, Asia and Latin America – through necessary training, skills enhancement and application of strategic visions.
- The fellowship covers the accommodation, local transportation, field visits and meals only while the applicant or his/her organization shall bear the international travel expenses.
- The applicant must be a citizen in the countries of Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Passport valid for 6 months after the end of the Fellowship
- English or Arabic (Speaking, Reading and Writing) proficiency or both Languages.
- The applicant must have proven experience in field work
- The applicant must be between the age of 20 and 40
Apply through the given link.
Application Deadline: May 30, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link