The Global Water Partnership – Mediterranean is opening the applications for the GWP-AIP Young Leaders Fellowship, in the framework of the Water Climate Development and Gender Transformation Programme of the African Water Investment Programme (AIP WACDEP-G) to be based in Tunis, Tunisia. The successful candidate will have an Agreement with the Mediterranean Information Office for Environment, Culture and Sustainable Development (MIO-ECSDE), a civil non-profit society based in Greece, in its capacity as Host Institute for GWP-Med.
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is a multi-stakeholder platform supported by a global secretariat that is established as an intergovernmental organization to support countries in their efforts to implement more equitable and sustainable management of their water resources. The GWP network spans 13 regions with more 60 country water partnerships and over 3,000 institutional Partners in 175+ countries. The global secretariat is hosted by the GWP Organisation (GWPO) located in Stockholm, Sweden.
The Global Water Partnership – Mediterranean (GWP-Med) is responsible for the Mediterranean region, covering countries of the Near East, North Africa, Southeastern Europe and the European Union. GWP-Med is legally represented by MIO-ECSDE, holding non-governmental organization (NGO) status, based on a Host Institute Agreement between GWPO and MIO-ECSDE. GWP-Med is serviced by the GWP-Med Secretariat, currently with human capacities in Athens, Beirut, Ohrid, Podgorica, Pristina, Tirana and Tunis.
- The fellows will develop skills and enhance their knowledge by providing support to the implementation of the portfolio of projects under the AIP WACDEP–G programme and will work under the guidance of the team members of the AIP WACDEP–G programme in the GWP regions, with coordination from the GWPSA Africa Coordination Unit.
- Fellows will also provide support to AIP and other programme areas that require communications and knowledge management to enhance their communication skills
- A Masters’ degree, at least, in fields such as water, climate, environment and natural resources, gender, and energy studies, or in any discipline that is relevant to GWP work. PhDs are advantageous.
- General knowledge and understanding of water resources management.
- A solid understanding of international development, gender, water security, environmental management, climate change, and climate change adaptation.
- Fluency in English, French and Arabic.
- A person living in Tunisia, and aged 35 years or younger on May 30, 2021.
- Apply online through the Apply Link.
- Applicants are requested to study the Terms of Reference provided in Annex I which is provided in both English and French.
- Interested candidates need to apply by sending an e-mail to the attention of Ms. Zoe Karka (email provided in the Apply Link), GWP-Med Administration Officer, with the indication ‘‘Application for GWP-AIP Young Leaders Fellowship (27/2021/WACDEP-G)” in the subject, attaching the following documents.
- A motivation letter, in English, briefly explaining why they are a suitable candidate for the advertised fellowship, describing their experience, qualifications and competencies responding to the position’s eligibility criteria. Contents should focus on the qualifications relative to the position’s requirements. The cover letter should be 1 page max.
- Their comprehensive CV, in English,including contact details, past experience and achievements, and reference contacts. The CV should be 3 pages max (pertinent annexes may be attached).
- Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested information.
Application Deadline: June 11, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link