Atlas Service Corps, Inc. (Atlas Corps), started in 2006, is an international network of social sector leaders and organizations that promotes innovation, cooperation, and solutions to address the world’s 21st-century challenges. Our mission is to address critical social issues, Atlas Corps develops leaders and strengthens organizations through training programs and a global alumni community of skilled social change professionals. Profiled as a “best practice” in international exchange by the Brookings Institution and featured in the Washington Post as a model social entrepreneurship program, Atlas Corps engages leaders committed to the nonprofit sector in 12 to 18 month, professional fellowships at organizations to learn best practices, build organizational capacity, and return home to create a network of global changemakers.
Atlas Corps invites social change leaders from around the world to apply for our 12-month US-based and 14-month Blended In-Person Fellowships in the United States and the Virtual Leadership Institute starting in late 2022 and 2023.
Fellows – but not their dependents – receive:
- Program-related international travel
- Program-related domestic travel
- Basic health insurance that covers new injuries and illnesses (or funds to purchase basic health insurance)
- Monthly stipend for basic living expenses in the city where the Fellow is placed (shared housing, food, local transportation, and a phone plan)
- Documentation (DS-2019) that enables the Fellow to obtain a J-1 visa
- Placement with a Host Organization
- Participation in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab (leadership development training series)
- For Fellows serving in the Blended Fellowship, Atlas Corps will provide financial support for the technology necessary to complete Host Organization requirements remotely from their home countries.
You can apply to become a Fellow if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading);
- Age 35 or younger when the Fellowship begins;
- Citizens from most countries (except the U.S.) are eligible to apply to the Fellowship.
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-month US-based Fellowship or 14-month Blended Fellowship;
- Commitment to addressing critical social issues in your country or region;
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that covers food, shared housing, and local transportation;
- Received a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization by the program start date.
- Atlas Corps considers applications on a rolling basis and year-round, though they encourage you to apply by priority deadlines for special initiatives listed on apply.atlascorps.org for a timely consideration of your application.
- The application is a multi-step process.
- Atlas Corps implements a different selection process for the Virtual Leadership Institute with a shortened application and specific eligibility highlighted on particular web pages for each opportunity. Please check the Apply Now link for the most updated information about deadlines and opportunities.
- Candidates for the Atlas Corps Fellowship that reach the Semi-Finalist stage may also be considered for an invitation to the Virtual Leadership Institute and can indicate their interest on the Fellowship application. They may be requested to complete supplemental questions specifically for the Virtual Leadership Institute.
- Apply online through the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link