The Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent provides the participants with an intensive learning opportunity to deepen their understanding of the United Nations human rights system, instruments and mechanisms, with a focus on issues of particular relevance to people of African descent. The Fellowship Programme will allow the participants to better contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries.
In the framework of the Programme of Activities for the Implementation of the International Decade for People of African Descent, this year the Fellowship will be held from 13 November to 1 December 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland.
Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva; basic health insurance; and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
- The candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora. · The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- The candidate needs to have sufficient command of the English language to be able to participate fully in the programme.
- The candidate has to submit a letter from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights certifying their status.
- The candidates must be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents in one single e-mail to [email protected]:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A completed, signed and scanned Application Form in one single document.
- A Personal Statement (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate will explain his/her motivation for applying, and how he/she will use the knowledge gained from the fellowship to promote the interests and rights of people of African descent.
- An Official Letter of Support from the nominating organization or community
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link