The World Oceans Day Youth Advisory Council is expanding for 2018 by adding 10 new young ocean leaders from around the world!
The World Oceans Day Youth Advisory Council helps to expand the reach and impact of World Oceans Day, on 8 June, and year-round. Council members are instrumental in helping shape the development of World Oceans Day as it grows, providing new and unique perspectives, ideas, and recommendations. Launched in 2016, the inaugural Council had 11 members. For 2018, we will double the size of the Council seek out youth in a wider range of countries.
Read the Youth Advisory Council Handbook for more information about the Council and requirements.
Council members will participate in a variety of activities and complete a number of tasks leading up to World Oceans Day in June. Some member activities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide ideas and recommendations to improve World Oceans Day
• Contribute to the World Oceans Day website and social media platforms through guest blog and social media posts
• Develop, promote and support campaigns
• Represent the Council at related events and conferences throughout the year
To apply you must be
- Between the ages of 16 and 22
- Able to make at least a two-year commitment
- Including approximately 5-10 hours per month to Council activities
- Have a passion for the ocean!
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link