Art Omi residency programs offer artists the vital opportunity of space and time to create both individually and with one another. Lodging, meals and studio space on Omi’s beautiful 200-acre campus in the Hudson Valley are provided at no cost to the residents. June – August are often hot (65° – 85° F / 25° – 20° C) , so light clothing is recommended.
In general, all of Art Omi’s residency programs have a communal orientation. Sharing ideas, creative space, and meals comprises a major part of the Art Omi residency experience. Residents should expect to reside on campus throughout the duration of their residency, and to attend nightly dinners with the rest of their cohort. Some relevant, offsite field trips may be organized by staff; participation is encouraged, but optional. Each residency has at least one public event, which invites the public to observe the creative process at work, and work produced while in residency here.
Art Omi has several bedrooms, bathrooms, and studio spaces that are accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Art Omi provides accommodations, meals, and campus-wide high-speed wi-fi throughout the duration of all residencies.
- In addition, residents share a fully-equipped kitchen, on-site laundry facilities, a library, and a basic computer (internet + printing access only, no software use) in the library.
- Art Omi also provides all blankets, towels, and bedding. Housekeeping staff launders all linens using perfume-free detergent on a regular basis.
- Art Omi has bicycles that residents can use from March – November. It’s easy to get everywhere on campus on foot—most things are about a 10 minute walk at most.
Music welcomes composers and sound-makers working in all genres and from all backgrounds from all over the world.Eligible Regions: Open for all
- Apply online through the given link.
- Application Requirements: Work sample (audio) with description (text), brief application statement & bio. 2020 residency applicants will be notified in April 2020.
Application Deadline: January 2, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link