Applications are now open for the Anant Fellowship for the Built Environment 2020-21 in India. This is the flagship programme of Anant National University, India’s first Design University which is a one-year multidisciplinary Fellowship for the Built Environment. It prepares and empowers Solutionaries who have the passion and commitment to persevere and bring a humanistic approach to how our buildings, neighbourhoods, cities, culture, and environment are designed and built. The ability to drive systemic change requires technical knowledge and expertise, in addition to the skills of empathy, collaboration, problem-solving and leadership.
Anant National University was established as a private university in 2016 in an expansive, lush green campus in Ahmedabad with an aim to nurture Solutionaries, leaders who are revolutionary in their thinking, but solution oriented in their approach. AnantU expects its students to bridge the gap between contemporary socio economic challenges and sustainable solutions through design thinking. It is established as the first Design University in India, and offers full-time programmes at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels in Design Architecture and Built Environment.
Experience at Anant Fellowship
Anant Fellowship has been carefully curated and structured to prepare you to make exponential change – within yourself, to the country, and to the world. Academic rigour and intensity have been combined with first-hand, experiential discovery to create an equitable balance between theory and practice.
Academic Instruction: The first component of Anant Fellowship is designed to broaden your perspective and aid empathetic solutions by learning from pioneering ideas, thoughts in two thematic clusters: Domain and Technical and Societal and Cultural.
Experiential Discovery: In the second component of Anant Fellowship, you will learn from your own, your peers’ first-hand experiences, and from your own values, beliefs, mindsets, and constructs.
Live-Action Project: The third component of the Fellowship is the Live Action Project where you work in teams through the duration of one year to solve a real-life challenge in close association with local administrative bodies and community stakeholders.
- Enhance your technical and core skills in architecture, design and planning
- Be trained to think broadly and deeply across topics ranging from Green Urbanism, Earth Based Construction Techniques, Design Thinking, Transportation, Anthropology, Sociology, Economics, among others
- Gain a deeper understanding of yourself and others, and develop imaginative empathy
- Collaborate with like-minded individuals from diverse disciplines and take up a Built Environment challenge with an opportunity for real-life impact
- Become purpose-driven leaders who contribute to the larger society by creating unique Built Environment solutions
- Need-based and Merit-based scholarships available
- Open to students from all backgrounds. Preference will be given to students from the disciplines of architecture, design, planning, environmental sciences, civil and construction engineering, and relevant social science disciplines.
- Applicants must have a sound academic record and should have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree before the start of the Fellowship.
- Applicants must be able to show a demonstrated commitment to improving the Built Environment and an understanding of the issues pertaining to the area.
- Anant Fellowship is committed to diversity; we invite applications from students and professionals of all age-groups, socio-economic backgrounds, and geographies both in India and internationally.
Mentioned below is the step-by-step admission process for applying for the fellowship:
- Applicants are required to fill up an online application form (given in the Apply Now link) or submit the following documents in PDF format to [email protected].
- Work Sample
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
The SoP should answer the following questions –
- Describe your educational and/or professional knowledge and achievements so far. Focus on gaps in your existing knowledge which you believe Anant Fellowship will fill for you (400 words)
- How do you hope to make change once you graduate from Anant Fellowship? How do you see AF contributing to your personal growth and development as a future solutionary? (400 words)
- Anant Fellowship values critical thinking, community engagement, and openness to learning. Tell us in detail about a project where you have exhibited any or all of these skills. (350 words).
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for the first round of telephonic interview.
- Shortlisted candidates from the telephonic round will be invited for
- Indian Candidate – an in-person interview either in Ahmedabad or in a large metro city like Delhi, Mumbai or Bangalore as per availability.
- International Candidate – Second Round of Skype interview or personal interview in their home country as per availability.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019 (48 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link