The Alfa Fellowship Program was founded in 2004 with the goal of fostering a community of emerging leaders who have first-hand experience in the business, public policy, and cultural environments of Russia and the region. Since then, over 150 Americans, Britons, and Germans have been able to work, live, and travel in Russia through this unique professional opportunity.
The Program is funded by Alfa-Bank and is administered in the U.S., U.K., and Germany by Cultural Vistas and in Moscow by the Fund for International Fellowships and Cultural Dialogue.
- Round-trip transportation to New York City or London and accommodation (if needed) for selection interviews.
- Orientation seminar in Washington, D.C., including speakers, activities, travel, and accommodation.
- Program-related transportation between U.S./U.K./Germany and Russia.
- Pre-departure and Russia-based language training.
- Moscow Seminar Program, including briefings, assignment planning, and excursions.
- A generous monthly stipend during the program in Russia.
- All program-related travel within Russia.
- Accommodation in Moscow.
- Limited international health, accident, and liability insurance during the program in Russia.
- U.S., U.K., or German citizen between the ages of 25 and 35 (Russian citizens are ineligible to apply, including individuals who are also citizens of the United States, United Kingdom or Germany)
- Graduate degree and at least two years of relevant professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy or a related field. Candidates without a graduate degree completed or in progress must have an undergraduate degree and approximately 5-6 years of professional experience in their field.
- Outstanding professional achievement and academic qualifications.
- Active involvement in community or public service.
- Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application. If an applicant does not speak Russian, he or she will need to demonstrate proficiency in a second language to qualify for the program.
- Evidence of leadership potential.
Applicants must follow the instructions of the link given below.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link