Akhuwat is a not-for-profit organization working towards creating a poverty-free society based on the principles of compassion and equity. Since 2001, Akhuwat has initiated various programs to inculcate a spirit of volunteerism and compassion in its friends, supporters, and allies.
One such program is the Akhuwat Fellowship Program (AFP): the AFP seeks to build and cultivate a community of change-makers, creative entrepreneurs, and moral leaders committed to making a difference. It will serve as a platform enabling people and organizations to unlock their potential to drive social change.
Please note that students from all academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- In the past, their fellows have gained extensive exposure to the complex issues related to poverty, social inequality, and morality by engaging with different communities through Akhuwat’s different projects.
- The fellowship will focus on different themes and their impact on the development sector. These themes include Education, Empathy, Healthcare, Human-centered design, Economics, Environment, Crisis Management, and Interfaith Harmony.
- Guest Speakers who are pioneers in their fields will be invited to share their expertise on these themes and encourage the fellows to develop a critical thinking approach to solve complex problems.
- Applicants are over 16 years of age
- Applicants display a keen interest in social issues that are engrained in the society
- Applicants are willing to take online sessions throughout the program
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Cohort 1: 4th July to 28th July (online)
- Cohort 2: 1st August to 29th August (in person, based in Lahore. Please note that the second cohort might be moved online, depending on the situation of COVID-19 closer to the program dates)
- The application for the fellowship is online and can be found on the apply now link
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022 (9 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link