The African Graduate Fellowship is a competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master’s degree at AUC. Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or as required by the program) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
It must be noted that in support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work.
Fellowships are awarded for two academic years and the intervening summer session.
The University admits outstanding graduate students who demonstrate the ability to do creative and original work. A graduate applicant must have an acceptable bachelor’s degree, with a record at the required level, and perform well on any designated entrance examination.
AUC offers 44 master’s and two PhD programs in addition to various graduate diplomas. For a complete list of the graduate programs,
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Student services and activities fee
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University Residences at AUC New Cairo
Eligibilities for the Program –
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum overall rating of very good, an overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, additional documents and any required test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for economics, economics in international development, and GRE or GMAT for the finance program applicants)
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score meeting the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
- To retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2 or above.
To Apply, check the official link and follow these steps.
- Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application
Firstly, Students will need to apply for the desired graduate program and fulfill the AUC Graduate Admission requirements through the AUC online admission system . Once the process is completed they will receive a student ID number. Afterwards applicants can proceed with applying to graduate studies fellowships. Please note, fellowships are very competitive and applicants goes through a very rigorous selection
Application Deadline: February 15, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link