Food systems in Africa face many complex and connected challenges, such as malnutrition, climate change, inequality and the overuse of natural resources. These are not just challenges for the government and private sector. They require effective leadership at every level, from every perspective, to understand the systemic causes and make the difficult decisions needed for system-wide change. The vision is of a continent-wide fellowship of African food systems leaders who actively contribute to food systems transformation up to and beyond the SDGs.
Are you actively engaged in the RwandanFood Systems? The African Food Fellowship is delighted to announce that applications for the inaugural class of the Food Systems Leadership Programme in Rwanda are now open. The Fellowship is an initiative of Wageningen University & Research and Wasafiri Consulting with support from IKEA Foundation. The African Food Fellowship is inviting applications from Rwandan citizens for the inaugural Food Systems Leadership Programme.
Thirty (30) fellows will be selected competitively and awarded a scholarship in one of the three core areas of focus: access to nutritious; sustainable land use and labour and fintech for agricultural growth.
- Scholarship opportunities.
- Networking opportunities.
- A legal resident of Rwanda (non-nationals are also eligible);
- 45 years of age or younger;
- Proficient enough in the English language to follow the programme;
- Willing and able to commit an average of 4 hours / week.
- Follow the apply now link for the application form.
- Please follow the official link for further details.
Application Deadline: September 19, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link