The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Maghreb Young Talents aim at promoting the participation of young women in science. This program determines and rewards young
talented female researchers in the Life Sciences (biology, biochemistry, genetics, physiology, biotechnology, ecology, biochemistry) and the Physical Sciences (physics,
chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth and universe sciences).
Founded in 2007, the L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Programme aims to distinguish young women researchers for the quality of their works and to encourage them to pursue a brilliant career in science.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Maghreb Young Talents 2020 are set to be awarded to 5 young women scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Algeria,
Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia.
The Maghreb Young Talents Programme is established within the framework of a partnership between the Foundation L’Oréal and UNESCO.
As established by the regional jury, the selection criteria are the following:
- The excellence of the applicant’s academic portfolio (including number, quality and impact of their publications, conference presentations, patents …).
- The scientific quality of the research project.
- The innovative and promising character of the research work (relevant, original, unique …) and its implementation in science.
- The socio-economic impact of the project/ research.
- The candidate’s professional experience
- The individual fellowship is worth up to €10,000.
- Participation in the Maghreb Fellowships awarding ceremony to be held in Morocco, in 2021.
- Coverage of the cost of travelling and accommodation for Fellows non-residents in Morocco by L’Oréal Maroc.
Eligible for the fellowship applicants who are:
- Applying for a PhD or post-doctoral studies.
- Not working permanently in 2020.
- Working on a PhD or having obtained it and willing to pursue research in one of the fields cited in paragraph 1.
- Working in one of the 4 countries listed in paragraph 1.
- Max 35 year old at the closing date of the call for applications (31 July 2020).
- Apply online through the Apply Now link.
- Applications can only be submitted through the online platform: www.fwis.fr by the applicants themselves.
- An application is considered complete when it consists of all the following documents, in English or in French:
- A detailed resume (Curriculum Vitae) filled directly in the website www.fwis.fr.
- Copies of diplomas obtained starting from the BS.
- A copy of an official transcript of undergraduate and graduate studies.
- A detailed abstract/description of the research project of maximum 2 pages.
- Other research projects in progress.
- A suggested project of the grant’s use, including a draft budget.
- The list of publications and patents.
- Recommendation letters from supervisor(s) and/or director of the scientific institute or school where the thesis has been carried out.
- Letter of acceptance from the host laboratory for post-doctoral studies.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link