Applications are open for the L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships for Women in Science 2019. The Maghreb Fellowships Programme is established within the framework of a partnership between the Foundation L’Oréal and UNESCO.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships for Women in Science aim at promoting the participation of young women in science. This program determines and rewards young talented female researchers in the Life Sciences (biology, biochemistry, genetics, physiology, biotechnology, ecology, biochemistry) and the Physical Sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth, and universe sciences).
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
Founded in 2007, the L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships aim to distinguish young women researchers for the quality of their works and to encourage them to pursue a brilliant career in science. The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships for Women in Science 2019 are set to be awarded to 5 young women scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Algeria, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia.
Top 3 selection criteria :
- Academic excellence
- Quality and originality of the research project
- Capacity to promote science among young people
- Individual fellowship is worth up to €10,000.
- Participation in the Maghreb Fellowships awarding ceremony to be held in Morocco, in November 2019.
- Coverage of the cost of traveling and accommodation for Fellows non-residents in Morocco by L’Oréal Maroc.
Eligible for the fellowship applicants who are:
- Applying for a PhD or post-doctoral studies.
- Not working permanently in 2019.
- Working on a PhD or having obtained it and willing to pursue research in one of
- Researching in the Life Sciences (biology, biochemistry, genetics, physiology, biotechnology, ecology, biochemistry) and the Physical Sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth and universe sciences).
- Max 35 years old at the closing date of the call for applications (July 31, 2019).
- Apply online through the given link.
- Applications can only be submitted through the online platform (www.fwis.fr) by the applicants themselves.
An application is considered complete when it consists of all the following documents, in English or in French:
- A detailed resume (Curriculum Vitae) filled directly in the website www.fwis.fr.
- Copies of diplomas obtained starting from the BS.
- A copy of an official transcript of undergraduate and graduate studies.
- A detailed abstract/description of the research project of maximum 2 pages.
- Other research projects in progress.
- A suggested project of the grant’s use, including a draft budget.
- The list of publications and patents.
- Recommendation letters from supervisor(s) and/or director of the scientific institute or school where the thesis has been carried out.
- Letter of acceptance from the host laboratory for post-doctoral studies.
Top 3 selection criteria:
- Academic excellence.
- Quality and originality of the research project.
- Capacity to promote science among young people.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2019 (44 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link