Applications are now being accepted for IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme!
IsDB-TWAS (Islamic Development Bank and The World Academy of Sciences) Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at centres of excellence in developing countries, i.e. research institutions with a well-established track record in research and a demonstrated competency in a field relevant to sustainability science.
The programme targets promising young researchers from 21 IsDB Least Developed Member Countries (LDMCs) to provide them with high level research training in key areas relevant to sustainability science.
A host centre should be identified by the candidate based on his/her particular area of research. The Postdoctoral Fellowship programme provides support for research projects in the following fields: Sustainable Agriculture, Education, Education for Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Energy, Sustainable cities, Responsible growth, Waste management, Population growth, Green chemistry, Biodiversity, Plastic pollution & Micro-plastics, and Water & hygiene.
TWAS and the scientific reviewers associated with the evaluation process for selecting the awards will make a decision on the suitability of the host institute proposed by the candidate. In all cases, the host centre must be located in a developing country.
IsDB -TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable for a minimum period of three months to a maximum period of six months. They are awarded to young scientists from 21 IsDB Least Developed Member Countries (LDMCs) to enable them to undertake postdoctoral research in areas of science relevant to sustainability science.
There are some rules mentioned below which are to be followed by the scholars:
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
- Present a research plan agreed by her/his host supervisor
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members
- Be autonomous in regard to visa application, health insurance and housing in the host country
- The selected scientist will be provided with a monthly allowance on the basis of the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
- The fellowship award will offer an allowance for bench fee costs up to USD2,565 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
- The fellowship award will also cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD1,000. Any other travel needed, including airport transfers and local transportation, will be the awardee’s responsibility.
The applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship programme
- Age up to 45 years
- Has minimum 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD
- Host Institute must be in a developing country
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute
- Must be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC
- Must be employed at an institution in his/her home country
- Apply online through the given link.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit the electronic application, as early as possible.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: September 12, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link