UNLEASH+ 2020 applications are now open!
UNLEASH+ is a 6-month pre-acceleration program designed to support teams of 2-4 members with at least one UNLEASH alumnus, having prototyped and tested a solution addressing the SDGs. It provides new tools, support from world-class experts, and access to relevant partners. The program’s goal is that teams design their solutions for scaled impact and successfully bring them to market. It includes three components:
- PART 1 – UNLEASH+ Online: a 14-week online program focusing on the teams driving solutions to address the SDGs, further developing their prototypes, and preparing a full business case to effectively and sustainably reach beneficiaries.
- PART 2 – UNLEASH+ Bootcamp: a 4-day Bootcamp (held online this year) with highly tailored support for the teams and the opportunity to pitch to a panel of funders and partners.
- PART 3 – UNLEASH+ Connect: support on the next steps after the program, and connections with partner capacity builders and funders to take the solution further.
As is the case for the global Innovation Lab, the UNLEASH+ bootcamp, which is normally an in-person component of UNLEASH+, will not be held physically in 2020 due to COVID-19. They are therefore moving the bootcamp online, without compromising on experience, quality, and outcomes.
The program will run in parts:
- Part 1: The online program begins on August 31st, 2020, and will be running until December 5th, 2020.
- Part 2: Top teams from the online program will be selected to take part in the 4-day online bootcamp from 9-13 December 2020.
- Part 3: Until February 2021, all the teams that completed the online program will receive support to prepare for their next steps and connect with capacity builders and/or funders.
How much time/effort will each team need to commit to the UNLEASH+ Online Program?
- 1 Webinar or workshop of 2 hours per fortnight to learn about prototyping, strategy, and team development
- 1 interactive session with facilitators 1 hour per fortnight (Teams are expected to make the most of facilitator check-ins and attend prepared)
- 1h per week will be spent on personal development and related discussions with peers through our partner Potentialife program
- At least 1h per month spent in peer-feedback sessions
- 1 deliverable submission per fortnight (Teams are expected to provide deliverables on time))
- In addition to the above, teams are expected to work together for a minimum of 3 hours per week per team on UNLEASH+ materials and deliverables (i.e. canvases, diagnostic tool)
- They expect a total of 6-8 hours per week, to be spread amongst all team members.
- Access to tailored support and new exclusive tools.
- Share and learn from other active social entrepreneurs
- Get mentorship from world-class experts and innovators
- Connect with impactful funders and accelerators
- Your team must have a tested prototype (please find more details about prototyping through the official link)
- At least 1 of your team members must be an UNLEASH alumnus. Other team members do not need to be from the UNLEASH community, although of course teams with multiple UNLEASH alumni are welcome.
- Your solution has raised less than 500’000 USD to date.
- At least 2 team members in total.
Apply Online through the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: July 28, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link