Applications are now being accepted for Swedish Institute’s SI Leader Lab 2020!
SI Leader Lab 2020 will bring together 50 young influential civil society leaders in South Asia, the MENA region and Sweden who are active advocates of gender equality. The overarching objective is to strengthen leaders who are working for gender equality.
The programme is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
The particular expertise and experience of the participants will largely determine the topics that SI works on. The following broader issues, however, will be central: value-based leadership and group development; effective advocacy methods; and, how to work efficiently with and within networks. The training will be conducted with a rights-based approach.
What can be achieved from the programme?
- Personal insights as a leader: how to lead through increased self-awareness and increased understanding of group development.
- An opportunity to explore effective advocacy methods that will help to shape and reach out with a message to intended audiences.
- The possibility to share and build knowledge in a network of experts, to inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
- Insights on how to expand the candidate’s networks – and how to use networks as support in his/her work.
The programme, spread over five months, mix online meetings with three weeks of intense training divided into two separate assemblies in Sweden:
- Module 1: Online (approx. 10 hours, dates to be confirmed)
- Module 2: Two weeks onsite in Stockholm, Sweden. 27 May –7 June 2020
- Module 3: Online sessions and implementation (approx. 40 hours, dates to be confirmed)
- Module 4: One week in Sweden (location and dates to be confirmed). October 2020.
The following benefits will be provided to the selected candidates.
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from module 2 and 3 in Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa expenses exceeding 500 SEK (approx 50 USD)
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Have a leading position (formal or informal) in a civil society organisation or network working for gender equality.
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal).
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1987–1998).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Are available to take part in all parts of the programme.
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge they gain from the programme to their team, organisation or other relevant actors.
- Swedish citizens/residents working in relevant organisations will be able to apply to the programme as strategic partners.
After completing the application form (can be found in the official website), one can apply through the “Apply Now” link given below.
- Download and fill out the SI Leader Lab application form
- Go to the application portal
- Upload the following
- Completed application form in English
- A updated CV in English
- A letter of recommendation
- A photo (not compulsory).
Application Deadline: December 4, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link