Applications are already open for the Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program 2020 in Dubai, UAE. The Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program was inaugurated in 2017 as a joint effort between the Harvard Business School Club of the GCC, HBS Professors Tarun Khanna and Karim Lakhani, and The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute at Harvard University.
The first part of the Crossroads Program will be entirely online and open to all eligible applicants. The Online Program begins on September 9, 2019. Successful candidates from the Online Program will be invited to apply to the in-person experience held in Dubai and delivered by Harvard professors between March 31, 2020 — April 5, 2020.
The Program is a prestigious and a fully funded career development opportunity for students from across the world, who are the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university and facing challenges of financial and social circumstances. Following a rigorous multi-stage evaluation process, exceptional students are selected from a diverse applicant pool to take part in this unique educational experience.
The ultimate aim of the Crossroads Program is to create a diverse pipeline of future graduate students at leading universities, such as Harvard, and future leaders from across an array of social-economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
In 2020, the Crossroads Program expands to include more eligible countries and curated online sessions that will culminate in the weeklong Dubai experience held at Dubai International Financial Center’s Academy. Leading Harvard faculty members will teach an extensive and multi-disciplinary curriculum, that includes a combination of case studies, small discussion groups, discussion on potential career paths, and information on applying to Harvard.
Location:United Arab Emirates
- Successful candidates will be granted a HarvardX certificate upon completion of the Online Program.
- The program will cover the costs of:
- International travel from select locations
- Class materials
- Successful candidates from the Online Program will be invited to apply to the in-person experience held in Dubai and delivered by Harvard professors.
- Students will access curriculum that includes a combination of case studies, small discussion groups, discussion on potential career paths, and information on applying to Harvard throughout the sessions held in Dubai.
To be eligible for the Online Program, candidates:
- Must be between 18-24 years old.
- Must hold a passport or national document from a country in Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, or the United States (Note: any existing and official proof of nationality will suffice at this stage).
- Must be the first member of their family — or the first generation within their family — to attend university.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate university program or a recent graduate from a university within the last three years.
- Must be facing challenges of financial and social circumstances.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Apply online through the given link.
- First create an XID account and follow the steps outlined in the email you will receive.
- Using that XID, complete an online application through the CARAT login page. Ensure the XID tab is selected on the login page.
- In CARAT, fill up the “My Profile” tab with your details. Click the “Other” button for Current Status; enter N/A when asked for “Visa Type” and then click “Save My Changes” at the bottom of the page.
- Once your Profile is saved, click on the below button to complete your application to the Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program.
- To apply to the in-person Dubai program, successful candidates from the Online Program will be asked to submit: a copy of existing and valid passport (with at least seven months validity as of March 25, 2020), a one-page resume, academic transcripts, a personal statement, two letters of recommendation and a recent passport photo.
Note: USA nationals are not eligible for the in-person segment of the Crossroads Program held in Dubai.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link