Participate in the Youth, Culture and Institutions Conference 2018 in Italy!
“Youth, Culture and Institutions” is a training opportunity for young people from Italy, Europe and elsewhere who aim to develop professional, managerial and organizational skills at a high level in the sectors of culture, communications, business, public administration and research.
The invitation to participate as a speaker is made to students of 1st or 2nd cycle degree courses, doctoral students, post-doctoral researchers but also to young professionals who are no older than 35.
The aim is to enable meetings between students, young scholars and professionals coming from different fields of specialization who are interested in acquiring, as a qualifying element of their professional training, an understanding of the complex movement of culture, which can integrate and strengthen their specialist and technical capacities.
The purpose of the study days is the formulation of cognitive and practical “agendas”, to be re-elaborated in their engagement contexts and through their own training courses.
Types of participation
- Individual papers. Each speaker will have 15/20 minutes available for his/her presentation.
- Candidates may propose the constitution of panels on special topics related with the general theme.
Papers and panels can have a theoretical and historical-cultural focus (with the awareness that each theoretical move made is in reality the fruit of a particular history and cultural practice), or can exemplify important results in practical or research terms, with considerable impacts on social, cultural and economic challenges.
Participation in debates. The presence of participants without specific papers is admitted, as well as their participation in the discussions. In this case, participation is open also to those over the age of 35. The participation of teachers, social workers, cultural mediators or professionals in the fields listed above is particularly welcome.
20 candidates will be selected. The communication of acceptance or rejection will be sent on 13th to the e-mail address of the candidate. The text of the paper must be sent by 22 November.
Call for papers:
Starting from the 30s of the twentieth century, the “Game Theory” has reformulated the Modern “Theory of Action” into very different fields of human behavior focusing on the study of the strategies with which a plurality of cooperative and non-cooperative decision makers are faced.
The study days are inspired by this fact to ask further questions:
- Who are the “players” of contemporaneity?
- With which and how many games do they perform the complexity of space and time, the multiplicity of spheres of action, points of observation and intervention, relational contents, variability of physical and cultural worlds?
- How are the rules of the game established?
- In other words, how are science and values compared in establishing culture and doing discipline?
Game theory is an unavoidable corollary of Complexity. Between Complexity and Action (Play) (in the broad sense, according to which the action engages subjects and scenarios in the game) the vast interweaving of the rules is then extended.
Therefore “Game” as a recreational exercise (play) and as a contest subject to rules (game) are here assumed to be a keyword of complexity. taking into account the historical-cultural components merged and reworked in the theories of the game.
Starting from experiences, case studies, problems to face and solve, players with their strategies of games with the perimeter of rules and moves in front of the objective variables to be submitted to governance through discipline, we propose to investigate different possible applications of game theory with the performativity that characterizes it in the measure in which it frees spaces of creation and dialogue or resolves (alternatively) into further closure and conflict.
- The participants will receive a certificate of attendance valid for all purposes of law.
- They become members of the Centre and can be supported for their applications in Master, scholarship and so on.
- This is a very training experience.
- Participants are required to pay a registration fee
- € 50 (without accommodation and no meals) which includes admission to the Center as ordinary members up to 31.12.2019.
- € 200 for meals (lunch) and accommodation in a double room
- Accommodation is provided for the nights of November 30th and December 1st (where necessary to allow participation from the first session at 2pm even on the 29th)
- Travel expenses are not reimbursed.
- The meetings will start at 2pm on November 30th and end at 1pm on December 2nd
- Young people up to 35 years.
- Student, Researcher, young professional different disciplines according to the transdisciplinarity character of the proposed call.
- An abstract for the paper proposed should be sent by 12 Novmber (max 500 words, 1000 if a bibliography is included).
- The proposal should indicate if multimedial support (video, power point, internet link) is required.
- Proposals should be made by e-mail to [email protected]
- A commission will select the papers.
- The abstract should indicate, as well as the title of the paper, also name, surname and institution (if any).
- A brief CV should be attached indicating education, specialisations and interests (max 300 words).
Application Deadline: November 12, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link