The World Food Forum (WFF) is pleased to invite FAO Members and partners of the Forum to nominate Youth Representatives and Observers to the third annual WFF flagship event under the theme “Food Action accelerates Climate Action.”.
The WFF’s flagship event comprises the WFF Global Youth Forum, the FAO Science and Innovation Forum, and the FAO Hand-in-Hand Investment Forum. These three interlinked fora advance bold and actionable solutions to catalyze the transformation of our agrifood systems considering the ongoing challenges and crises and highlight the importance of collaboration between the current and next generation and their combined ingenuity in science, technology, and innovation – and investments in key areas of food and agriculture.
More specifically, the Global Youth Forum will include innovation awards, educational and cultural activities, exhibitions, and side events. In addition, it will host a Youth Assembly, providing a dedicated and self-organized space for youth in agrifood systems advocacy and policy debate.
Launched in 2021, the World Food Forum (WFF) is an independent, youth-led global network of partners facilitated by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). It aims to spark a global movement that empowers young people everywhere to actively shape agrifood systems to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and a better food future for all.
The WFF serves as the premier global forum to harness the passion and power of youth to identify solutions and incite positive action for agrifood systems. It aligns with the 2021 United Nations (UN) Food Systems Summit, acts as a major youth platform in global food governance, and serves as a global think tank that fosters youth-led solutions in innovation, science, and technology. The WFF aims to support and grow youth initiatives in the agrifood sector in line with global youth policy recommendations, focusing in 2023 on the theme, “Agrifood systems transformation accelerates climate action.”
To drive awareness, foster engagement and advocacy, and mobilize resources, the WFF connects youth groups, influencers, companies, academic institutions, nonprofits, governments, media, and the public. It features a range of interactive events, networks, and content platforms organized around four thematic tracks: Youth Action, Innovation, Education, and Culture.
- The opportunity to attend the events hosted during the World Food Forum flagship week.
- The opportunity to Organize and/or participate in bilateral meetings.
- The opportunity to meet and network with youth and agrifood systems stakeholders from different backgrounds to exchange perspectives, gain new insights, and forge new partnerships.
- Support and participation opportunities in the development of WFF National Chapters to drive local action in line with discussions held during the Youth Assembly.
- Communication about the WFF flagship event and initiatives/activities.
- Access to the report on the results from the Forum to relevant stakeholders.
- Must be under the age of 36.
- Must be an individual who can be described as one of the following:
- Members of a youth organization and/or network related to food, agriculture, development, climate, and any other relevant field;
- Stakeholder group members; (i.e. young farmers, fisherfolk, Indigenous Peoples, etc.);
- Young members of a ministry, cabinet, or any other national institution;
- Students in the various fields of agrifood systems; and/or
- Past and current youth delegates to the United Nations and/or international conferences.
- Nominations have to be sent for the Youth Representatives and Observers at the 2023 WFF Global Youth Forum to [email protected].
- Nominations should be accompanied by the following information: Full name, Professional and/or academic background and current institutional affiliation, and Email address.
- The lead representative/observer (Acting as the responsible liaison for receiving communication materials to relay to the rest of the group) must be indicated in the nomination.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2023Application ClosedOfficial link