The Youth Forum organized by the United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth (UNMGCY) is to take place on Dec 8 – 9.
UNMGCY aim to guide youth engagement in the Intergovernmental Conference on Migration (Dec 10 – 11), particularly with regards to the implementation, follow-up, and review (iFUR) of the Global Compact for Migration (GCM). The United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth is the UN General Assembly-mandated, official, formal and self-organized space for children and youth (under 30) to contribute to and engage in certain intergovernmental and allied policy processes at the UN.
They act as a bridge between young people and the UN system in order to ensure that their right to meaningful participation is realized. They do so by engaging formal and informal communities of young people, in the design, implementation, monitoring, follow-up, and review of sustainable development policies at all levels.
The United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth has actively facilitated the meaningful engagement of young people in the GCM process. They have participated in the regional consultations, the intergovernmental negotiations, submitted official papers and organized webinars, workshops, and side-events with young people globally. Through the official space provided, young people will remain extensively engaged and influence the GCM implementation, follow up and review (iFUR).
The Youth Forum is supported by the UN Secretary General Special Representative to Migration and Morocco.
- Being informed and impacted the negotiations of the Global Compact of Migration
- Shape implementation, follow up and review
- The forum will consist of three activities:
- Practical and theoretical introduction ensuring that all participating youth have the needed knowledge about the topic of migration and the GCM so that they can engage meaningfully throughout the ICM.
- Interactive and inspiring workshops where the participants are allocated into smaller groups, offering a safe space to address each one of the four objectives and work streams of the blasts.
- Action plan workshops for the participants to develop and present their individual or organizational activity plans and voluntary commitments for implementing the GCM.
- The only requirement for participants is to be under 30 years old.
- Have interest in migration, international affairs, and youth engagement.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: November 2, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link