The Women Deliver 2023 Conference (WD2023) will be Women Deliver’s most inclusive, diverse, and accessible convening to date. Together with partners, we are committed to ensuring that people of all ages, spanning all geographies and backgrounds, can attend WD2023.
The theme of WD2023 is Spaces, Solidarity, and Solutions. WD2023 will enable inclusive and co-created spaces that foster solidarity for sustainable solutions to gender equality.
- Catalyze Collective Action to Advance Gender Equality
- Hold Leaders Accountable
- Empower the Feminist Movement
- Reframe Who Leads
- Create Space
The Women Deliver Conference is one of the largest multi-sectoral convenings in the gender equality space globally. The Conference gathers advocates from around the world to galvanize momentum towards collective action for girls and women, in all their intersecting identities. It aims to leverage our collective strength to build a broader, stronger, and more diverse gender equality movement in which we are resilient, drive change, and hold governments, leaders, and commitment makers accountable.
The Conference is co-created by grassroots advocates, individuals, and youth, including from and representing communities facing systemic discrimination.
Their scholarship program, available both to those who wish to attend WD2023 in-person or online, provides financial assistance to individuals who would otherwise be unable to cover the cost of attending the Conference. Applications for on-site and virtual scholarships will be open through 1 October 2022 and will be accepted in English, French, and Spanish.
Applications for on-site and virtual sessions will be open through 1 October 2022 and will be accepted in English, French, and Spanish.
- 19 July 2022: Scholarship applications open
- 1 October 2022: Scholarship applications close
- January 2023: Applicants are notified of outcomes
Upon acceptance, scholarship recipients must commit to the following:
- Actively participate during the full duration of the Conference.
- Adhere to the Conference Code of Conduct.
- Share knowledge gained at WD2023 and Global Dialogue with community members through a mechanism of choice (e.g., hosting an event, writing a blog, sharing social media posts, creating a video, etc.) and report back to Women Deliver by the end of 2023.
- All registration fees
- Hotel accommodation (17-20 July 2023)
- Economy airfare
- Visa and related costs
- Per diem for ground transportation and daily meals
- Health insurance
*For persons with disabilities who travel with an assistant or minors under the age of 18 travelling with a chaperone, the scholarship will cover the needs of one additional person.
- All registration fees
- A technology/data stipend
- Scholarships are open to individuals of any age and background.
- Preference will be given to applicants from low- and middle-income countries and/or from populations disproportionally affected by discrimination, who are working to advance gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women.
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously been awarded scholarships to attend a Women Deliver Conference.
Please carefully read the questions below before filling out the WD2023 Scholarship application form.
- What skills, knowledge, or experiences do you hope to gain by attending WD2023? (max. 150 words)
- Can you provide 2-3 specific examples of the activities you have/ are currently carrying out to make a difference on issues affecting girls and women? (e.g., professional, academic, or volunteer projects) (max. 150 words)
- How do you plan to meaningfully engage with your community and/or government after attending the Conference? How will you apply what you gain from attending WD2023 to your work? (max. 150 words)
Application Deadline: October 1, 2022 (6 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link