Calling on youths, ages 18 to 24, with a passion for women and gender issues in the Indo-Pacific region to apply for the 3rd SEASAT Youth Camp, to be held on 27-29 July 2021 in Taipei, Taiwan! The SEASAT Youth Camp is jointly organized by the TAEF and the AIT.
The goal of SEASAT Youth Camp is to enrich 40 young people, ages 18 to 24, in their familiarity with their ASEAN, South Asian, and Taiwan neighbours with the hopes of promoting better understanding and cooperation among international youth. In collaboration with the American Institute in Taiwan, the three-day session will expose participants to lectures on contemporary issues affecting the region, cultural and educational tours, seminars, and a crash course on social innovation. The Camp will also double as a networking platform to further connect SEASAT Youth.
After a year of recurrent outbreaks and lockdowns, the hope of a V-shape recovery—predicted by experts at the early phase of the pandemic—was shattered. We are currently at a critical juncture in 2021, while adopting the “new normal” and embracing the uncertainty that lies ahead. As people have been forced to stay home during the pandemic, more initiatives and changes will begin in a confined space—home. Under the theme of HOME, they will discuss and analyze issues critical to the world, while looking for solutions, and offering a safe conversation space between Taiwan and Asian youths.
- Human Rights and Technology Obstacles in Climate Change
- Migrant Workers and Marginalisation
- Equal Access to Public Healthcare
- Social Innovation
Organizers will cover all local expenses incurred during the camp, including meals, lodging (four beds per room), insurance, educational materials, and other miscellaneous fees (museum or other entrance fees), and local transportation for event-related activities.
NOTE: Organizers will not provide subsidies or sponsorships for transportation and visas. Participants are encouraged to find external funding for their own round-trip transportation to Taipei, Taiwan.
- 18 to 24 years old
- Interest in contemporary Indo-Pacific issues, and youth leadership
- Students or young professionals who are currently studying or working in Taiwan.
- Apply online through the given link.
- Online applications will remain open until 23:59, 30 April 2021.
- Early submission is highly encouraged.
- Applications sent via e-mail will not be accepted.
- As there are limited slots, applications will be screened by a selection committee. Successful applicants will be notified on 21 May 2021 at 17:00 (GMT+8 Taipei Time).
- IMPORTANT: Please be advised to wait for election results before booking your transportation. Only successful applicants will be accommodated in the activities during the camp.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link