The 7th World Conference on Women’s Studies (WCWS 2021) hosted by the Asian-African Association for Women, Gender, and Sexuality (AAAWGS). Women’s Studies as an interdisciplinary field is undergirded by bodies of feminist thought, which in turn have shaped many academic disciplines and policy initiatives as they strive for gender and sexual equality in homes, in the workplace, and in government. The WCWS 2021 takes up the challenge to understand the differences and to work across them, listening and learning from one another, discussing, debating, and moving to which ard the goals of equality, equity, and sustainability on this planet that they inhabit together. The WCWS 2021 unites diverse researches and case studies from all over the world, in parallel sessions while offering many networking and publishing opportunities.
The theme is – Transnational Feminisms–Contexts, Collaborations, Contestations: Toward a Liveable Planet.
WCWS 2021 welcomes papers with the following topics but not limited to:
- Gender Equality and Educational Systems
- Toxic Masculinity
- Resocialization of Men
- Socialization of boys
- Legal remedies
- Implementing law
- Law and accountability
- Inheritance rights
- Gender and Sexual Diversity
- Women’s Human rights
- Women, Climate Change and Inequality
- Women Empowerment and Social Change
- Challenging Male Dominance
- Men as allies in the struggle
- Women, Media and Technology
- Transgender Rights and Sexual Diversity
- Women’s Success Stories
- Cyber Feminisms—Blogs, Zines, and Reproductive Rights
- Activist Art
- Feminism and decolonial praxis
- Women’s Spirituality and Religion
- Trafficking and Prostitution
- Women in Politics and Public Administration
- Women and Religion
- Women and Islamic Sharia
- Motherhood and Work-Life Balance
- Equity and equality
- Laws and Policies
- Gendered and Sexual Diversities
- Gendering the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Gender and Intersectionality
- Feminist pedagogy and writing
- Gender and Migration
- Climate crisis and Environmental activism
- Women’s vulnerabilities
- Popular and Folk cultures
- Feminism and Nationalism
There are five (05) types of presentations available in the 7th World Conference on Women’s Studies (WCWS 2021) and you can register to the conference by selecting your preferred presentation type. The main presentation types are,
- Oral Presentation
- Live Online Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Non-Presenter/ Listener
- Virtual Presentation
Both Oral Presenters and Non-Presenters/Listeners are required to register and pay their registration fee before the final registration deadline. If you pay before the early bird deadline you will get a cheaper rate on the registration fee.Eligible Regions: Asia, Africa, America, Erupiean
- If you are an Oral Presenter or a Poster presenter you should register as a delegate/student.
- If you are a listener you should register as an attendee.
- However, if you cannot participate but still would want to present at the 7th World Conference on Women’s Studies (WCWS 2021) you can select the virtual presenter.
- The registration fee is based on your citizenship, not nationality.
- Apply online through the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link