There are over 1 billion people in the world living with some form of a disability – that’s 15% of the world’s population, or 1 in 7 of us. This group is chronically underrepresented at every level.
One Young World is proud to announce The 1 in 7 Scholarship in partnership with Include Me TOO which will support 5 of the world’s most inspiring and impactful leaders in the disability space to participate in the One Young World Summit 2018 which takes place in The Hague, the Netherlands from 17 – 20 October.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 October and 20 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague.
In order to apply you must:
- Be aged 18 – 30
- Identify as having a disability
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to supporting the equality and rights for disabled persons
- Leadership ability
- Concern for local or global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: August 8, 2018Application ClosedOfficial link