The South American Business Forum is a 3-day conference that takes place on the 30th, 31st of July and 1st of August in Buenos Aires, Argentina. They bring together 100 students from around the world, from different careers, cultures, and ideas alongside 40 leaders and speakers from the most varied professional fields, to share talks and activities.
The SABF organizing team is made up entirely of students from the different careers of the Technological Institute of Buenos Aires (ITBA) who dedicate their time voluntarily for the realization of the conference. The team is divided into five departments: Student Relations, Fundraising, Speakers, Media & Communication, Information Technology; each one fundamental to achieve a conference of excellence.
2020 Core Theme
- Sailing in uncertainty
The writer Alice Munro once said that the complexity of things – things within things – seems simply inexhaustible. With the advance of the digital world, individuals and government, business and social organizations have plunged into a network that seems to have infinite connections and variables to consider. The causes that move the processes are increasingly linked and it seems that they are impossible to fully understand. In this growing complexity, the speed of adoption of new technologies accelerates every decade: technological waves such as artificial intelligence or digital consumption habits hit us before we can fully assimilate the previous wave.
In this new decade, we go through partly incomprehensible and constantly changing contexts. Barack Obama, former president of the United States, said “We are in strange and uncertain times. The daily news cycle brings more spinning heads and disturbing headlines. ” So, how do we plan when bewilderment is an intrinsic characteristic of the environment in which we move?
Today’s world exerts unparalleled pressure on our behavior. Traditional accounts of work, freedom, and governance are weakened by globalization and technological disruptions, putting the human being in check. What skills will be needed to guide us in uncertainty?
- Subtopics: The following texts deepen the main ideas of each sub-theme of this edition.
- On the verge of irrelevance
- Programming the behavior
- Crossing times of collaboration and individualism
- Degree of relationship with the central theme or subtheme was chosen.
- Writing, coherence, and clarity of expression.
- A logical approach to ideas.
- Content of the arguments.
- Originality and innovative ideas.
- Degree of relationship with the current context.
- The result of this conference is a space where future young leaders get to listen to the opinions of experts, enhance their learning capacities, interact with other cultures, forge long-lasting friendships and embark themselves in high-impact projects that contribute to the sustainable development of the world.
- The event is free and partially funded
- They offer food, hotel, transportation in Buenos Aires.
- However, the tickets from the country of origin to Buenos Aires the selected participants must pay.
- Being born after January 1st, 1994.
- Be a regular undergraduate or graduate student, or have graduated in 2019 or 2020.
- Formal requirements:
- Extension: between 1000 and 1800 words.
- Language: Spanish or English
- Click on “Apply now”
- Create a user
- Complete the form.
- Write the essay
- Wait for the results
- Complete the application process before April 11th, 2020
Application Deadline: April 11, 2020 (4 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link