Applications are now invited for Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 from April 12 – 15 in Dhaka and Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. More than 150 youth representatives from 57 member states and OIC Youth Ministers will join this program. This program has been designed with thematic workshops, sessions, which will be taken by the renowned experts. This program is an excellent opportunity to learn the Bangladeshi culture as they will take you to different cultural sites in Dhaka. You will also get to enjoy the Bengali New Year festival, cultural programs, and yes, beach concert in Cox’s Bazar, the longest sea beach in the world. Interested participants will also get an opportunity to visit the Rohingya camp for the humanitarian boot camp.
Apart from opening, Holy Quran recitation competition, film festival, art exhibition, debate competition, voluntary camp, youth summit, and business hub boot camp, football camp, rover moot, and a grand closing ceremony are the highlights of the yearlong celebration which also coincides with Mujib Year – the birth centenary celebration of father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is the second-largest inter-governmental organization after the United Nations with a membership of 57 states spread over four continents.
- April 12, 2020: Inaugural ceremony and panel discussion;
- April 13, 2020: Exploring Dhaka (sightseeing);
- April 14, 2020: Celebrating Bengali Newyear. Fly to Cox’s Bazar and beach concert;
- April 15, 2020: Rohingya Camp visit and experience sharing session & certificate of participation awarding ceremony;
- April 16, 2020: Departure.
Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 is organized by the Ministry of Youth and Sports, Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh, Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), OIC Youth Capital in partnership with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
Bangladesh Government will cover:
- round-trip airfare;
- Local transportation;
- visa support;
10 youths will also get the ‘Bangabandhu Global Youth Award.
- Participants must be from 18 to 35 years old for both genders.
- Youth from OIC Nations and Muslim minorities from the non-muslim countries can apply for this program.
- The participant must adhere to the event’s regulations and procedures as stated by the organizing committee.
Apply through the given website. The form will only be accepted in ENGLISH.
Application Deadline: March 17, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link