With 34% of India’s Gross National Income is contributed by the youth, there is a dire need for development. Advancement of youth leadership is critical in building civic capacity and long-term community sustainability to establish capable, effective leaders for the future generations.
To achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), there are several factors which play major role. One among them is good governance. For the betterment of any goal, good governance is the foundation. Sustainable development, including sustained and economic growth, social development, environmental protection, educational development etc. are possible only when the quality of governance is good. By understanding the opportunities and responsibilities, youth can work towards the benefit of the society. So, SDG, youth and good governance must go hand in hand for the progress of any country.
Having realized this, AKANSHA CHARITABLE TRUST [ACT] is organizing this momentous event – NATIONAL YOUTH CONFERENCE 2022 gives an opportunity to all the delegates to work in a team on a problem listed under SDG. The unique solutions and different ideas can be expressed through real time SDG Hackathon. The NYC-2022 is a platform to discuss, disseminate and deliberate on the possible plans, targets and solutions which must be generated and implemented by our youth in order to enhance their effective participation and role in nation building. The theme of the convention is “ROLE OF YOUTH IN GOVERNANCE- FOCUS ON ACHIEVING SDGs BY 2030”. With the inculcation of youth empowerment, the youth can reject the status quo and pave a path for a better future. Today the youth is claiming his right to decent living by willing to take risks which helps in the development of leadership skills. To build a better tomorrow, we need to nurture the saplings of today. Hence, a radical government which is pro-people comes from harnessing bright minds, capable of taking the nation into a brighter future.
- Wonderful opportunity to the youth of our nation to connect & collaborate with different people from varied backgrounds & cultures.
- Enriching Knowledge, wisdom & Consciousness about various ongoing social aspects and encouraging the delegates to come up with spectacular solutions.
- Enhancing confidence, problem solving ability, personality development to become a changemaker.
- Great opportunity to interact with the nation’s top bureaucrats, young leaders and industry experts.
- One should hold English language proficiency.
- One should be 17-35 years old.
- Only Indian residents can apply.
- Apply online through the Apply Now link.
- If you are selected, you’ll be notified via email. Upon selection, you must pay a registration of fee of Rs. 750 (this includes a certification, 2 days breakfast, 2 days lunch, evening snacks and entry pass to gala dinner)
Application Deadline: November 15, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link