One Young World’s newly established Local Organising Committee for South Africa is proud to announce two ‘Delegate’ scholarship places for impactful young leaders from South Africa to attend the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, 4-7 October.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 4 October and 7 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Bogotá.
- Post-Summit, all ‘Delegates’ become lifetime members of the One Young World Ambassador network which spans 196 countries with over 8,000 members.
- In order to apply you must be aged 18 – 30
- A national of an African state.
- A resident of South Africa, making an impact in South Africa.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Evidence of commitment to creating positive change in South Africa. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service
- Leadership ability and examples
- Concern and knowledge of local and related global issues must be evident
- Ability to generate, articulate and achieve impactful ideas
- A clear, long-term commitment to ethical leadership and a corruption-free society.
- Step 1: Please create a basic One Young World profile* on our website by visiting https://www.oneyoungworld.com/summit/register and selecting on ‘Attend via a Scholarship.’
- Step 2: Once you have created a profile on our website, you will be able to apply for this scholarship via the ‘Apply for a Scholarship’ button on the right-hand side of your profile.
- Step 3: Select the ‘Leading South Africa Award’ and complete the application.
* If you already have a One Young World profile you do not need to create a new one. To apply for this scholarship, log into your profile and follow steps 2 and 3.
Application Deadline: June 28, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link