The Leading The American Scholarship is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from The Americas are represented at the One Young World Summit in Munich.
The Americas are collectively going through major leadership transitions, with many of those changes in governance creating ripples of instability across the region. Months long protests erupted in Chile and the humanitarian crisis engulfing Venezuela, both causing instability. Argentina’s debt crisis is still looming and misinformation is still o the rise throughout the region. Yet in the midst of all the uncertainty, young leaders are emerging to set their countries back on course. The clean energy movement is taking heed and advancements in tech are looking to make societies more equitable.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
- Access to the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 23rd and 26th April 2021.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
Are a national (passport holding citizen) of American countries
Apply Online through the given link.
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of May. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
- They cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that we will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not OYW Ambassadors).
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications we receive, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails enquiring about the outcome of the Leading The Americas selection process.
- They do not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.
Application Deadline: May 29, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link