Applications are open for Leadership Development Program in Latin America
Until July 31, the Latin American Leadership Academy (LALA) is accepting applications for six bootcamps, 7-day immersion leadership programs that help young people ages 14 to 20 solve the continent’s main economic and social problems.
The immersions take place in the capital cities of Argentina, Mexico, Costa Rica, Peru, Chile, Paraguay, São Paulo (Brazil), and Medellin (Colombia). The programs take place in English, Spanish and Portuguese. For the English programs, those interested must have an intermediate level of English.
During the bootcamps, those selected will have contact with activities that discuss, besides leadership itself, also socio-emotional intelligence, design thinking, social entrepreneurship and community engagement. Examples of this are tours through capital cities and lectures with Latin American leaders and entrepreneurs. This year, due to covid19, the bootcamps will take place virtually between December and February.
The total cost of the programs is $1000 (plus round-trip airfares to and from the cities where the bootcamps will take place) when face-to-face or $500 when virtual, but LALA offers several scholarships for young people who cannot afford them. The criterion, however, is the financial need of each one, which will be evaluated after filling out a financial form.
- STUDENT TRANSFORMATION: LALA carefully measures student growth and they consistently record self-assessments of advancement in areas ranging from the clarity of purpose, connection to Latin America to the ability to the ability to develop their college lives within our pre-and post-program forms.
- STUDENTS’ IMPACT ON OTHERS: LALA students have (co-)founded over 100 social projects in 11 countries and have reported impacting 100,000 people around Latin America.
- ACCESS TO OPPORTUNITIES:
- USD5.3 million in college scholarships directly awarded to LALA by their students.
- Their biggest area of self-reported post-program growth is access to social capital.
- Be between 14 and 20 years old
- A resident of Latin American countries
- Intermediate English (only for English bootcamps)
- Throughout the application, the candidates will have to write a short essay about themselves and send a 2-minute video detailing their interest in the activities and the problems they wish to solve or the causes they are passionate about.
- There will also be a stage with a Zoom interview with the admissions team.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link