“Reviving Islamic Education to the modern world; a lesson learned from Indonesia”
This International Conference on Islamic Youth Education aims to facilitate youth from 56 OIC members countries to discuss a number of issues related to Islamic Education and the well-being of youth in Islamic countries.
The State Ministry of Youth and Sports of Indonesia are inviting 56 OIC selected young leaders to participate in The International Conference on Islamic Youth Education 2017. The participants will not only learn how to develop their public speaking skills but will also get to listen to one of the most motivational people in Indonesia discussing the Islamic youth education improvement in the 21st century.
International Conference on Islamic Youth Education 2017 to seek the contributions of stakeholders, NGO activist, practitioners of religions from across the globe to foster mutual respect among diverse ethnic and religious groups.
- The participants understand and bring ideas how Islam succeeded to revolutionize the views held regarding the status of youth, their rights, education and well-being when they finish the program in Indonesia.
- These conferences also emphasize the woman empowerment at OIC Countries.
- The participants enhance their religion and culture, expand their educational level, strengthen families and youth ties, and establish non-violent methods for peace, Institute integrity, and work for better future during the program.
- The program will utilize Islamic philosophy, education and training, and will also be active in our community by unifying youths.
- English Level of Proficiency:
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans. (Preferably possess good command of written and spoken English)
- Aged from 16-30
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to communicate in public
- Interested in international relations, politics and social development studies
- Must be a nationality of OIC (Organization of Islamic Cooperation)
- Have acquired a recommendation letter from University/Non-Governmental Organization, specifically pertaining to youth issues/National Youth Council/Ministry of Youth and Sports (originating country)
- Have social projects that have been implemented or will be implemented (minimum 6 months duration)
- Must follow the social media account of the event.
Eligible Regions: 56 OIC (Organization of Islamic Cooperation) countries, excluding Syria.
Delegates will have to send their ideas in a paper with the topic, among others (You can choose one of four topics):
- Reviving Islamic Education to the Modern World
- The Importance of Vocational Education to Eradicate Poverty
- Preventing Terrorism and Countering Violent Extremism and Radicalization
- The Role of Youth in Achieving SDGs
- The discussion must have contended your ideas, social projects, future projects and problem solutions
- Please write the maximum paper length of 600 to 700 words.
- Once the paper has been deemed eligible, it is within the selection committee’s discretion to publish the papers elsewhere citing the author’s name.
Application Deadline: September 8, 2017Application ClosedOfficial link