The Goodwill Fellowship Program is an intervention program conceived by Youths Inspiration after identifying a soaring number of young people in Cameroon who have amazing social impact ideas but with inadequate knowledge, skills, and resources to implement them. The aim of the fellowship is to empower young people between 16 – 24 years old in Cameroon with the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to transform their social impact ideas into valuable, feasible, and sustainable projects that will bring about positive change within communities.
The fellowship will focus on two core areas namely: Ethical Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship. To further guide the fellows and follow up with their work, the intensive three-day in-person training will be followed by a five-month post mentorship program with expert mentors from across Cameroon, after which they will be eligible to apply for grants to implement their solutions.
Over the course of the program, the Fellows continue with implementing their initiative while participating in immersive workshops, training and mentorship. The fellowship equips changemakers with an opportunity to get access to global knowledge, community, training and tools to become more effective collaborators of change and grow their initiatives.
- Full-time professional fellowship from July 2021 to January 2022.
- Monthly workshops and mentorship meetings with expert local mentors and the Youths Inspiration team
- All fellows will be given a certificate of appreciation signed by Global Changemakers and Youths Inspiration.
- Fellows will be exposed to exclusive opportunities and high-level networking with officials from top organizations.
- Fellows will be provided with live-long mentorship opportunities to support their journey as changemakers.
- Professional reference for future jobs and applications.
- Eligible to apply for grants at the end of the fellowship.
- Between 16 – 24 years old
- Demonstrate a commitment to community development in social entrepreneurship or leadership
- Leading or an integral part of building an initiative that is along the lines of 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Able to work well in team settings with people from different backgrounds
- Based in Yaoundé or can find accommodation in Yaoundé during the period of the training
- Able to attend the 3-day in-person training in Yaoundé (July 29th – July 31st)
- Vision for transforming and scaling their initiative
- Fluent in English
- All prospective applicants should fill the application form online.
- The application must be completed in English and must be done in one sitting as it cannot be saved.
- Every selected participant will be expected to pay a registration fee of $20 (within one week of their selection) as a confirmation of their participation in the program.
- The fees cover your t-shirt, training materials, certificate, 2 meals a day, and training module throughout the event.
Application Deadline: June 20, 2021Application ClosedOfficial link