Applications are open for the Girl Up Leadership Summit. This summit is an opportunity for youth leaders to gain the skills, resources and confidence to make an impact on gender equality in their communities.
From July 15-17, 2019 more than 400 passionate youth advocates from around the world will gather for the 8th annual Girl Up Leadership Summit in Washington, D.C. For three days, these young leaders will learn from influential speakers, engage in skill-based workshops, and participate in a day of action.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
The Summit is an enriching, cross-cultural experience that aims to empower, educate, and activate the potential of young changemakers. Through mentorship from Girl Up experts, thought leaders, celebrity champions and women trailblazers, Summit participants will uncover critical skills and be empowered to serve their communities as defenders of gender equality.
Girls are powerful. Girls have limitless potential. Girls can change the world. And yet in certain places around the world, girls continue to lack access to opportunities.
When girls are empowered, it benefits all of us. Investing in girls is key to reducing poverty: Girls who receive an education marry later, have fewer children, and are more likely to get healthcare for themselves and their children. Every year of schooling increases a girl’s future earnings by 10-20%.
To enhance the confidence of girls, this summit will be very much beneficiary for them.
- Girl Up will reimburse for up to $1,000 USD for transportation costs (bus/train/flight) and provide a complimentary registration to the 2019 Girl Up Leadership Summit.
- All financial aid recipients must abide by Girl Up’s travel policy
- Open to students aged 13-22, with a programming especially designed for students in high school.
- They encourage students of all genders and backgrounds to attend.
- Apply online through the given link.
- Financial Aid Applications are NOW OPEN! Deadline to apply is February 15, 2019 at 11:59pm EST.
Application Deadline: February 16, 2019Application ClosedOfficial link