The Visegràd School of Political Studies and the European Academy of Diplomacy collaborated with the National Endowment for Democracy and several other partners to create this unique program which has as its main objective to build resilience against disinformation in Central and Eastern Europe.
The 15 political and social leaders carefully selected participants will represent Czechia, Hungary, Slovakia, Ukraine, and Poland.
All 15 project leaders will share their experience and they will accumulate knowledge and conclusions will form the basis for the preparation of a unified teaching curriculum.
Equipped with the knowledge and skills, the 15 project leaders will organize a one-day workshop or roundtable on strategies for fostering resilience against disinformation, for a group of 10-15 NGO activists in their respective communities. The aim of the workshops will be to mobilize and inspire a new generation to actively oppose disinformation in their communities.
The program will offer a selected group of 15 civic and political activists:
- Knowledge of how to understand disinformation tools and methods;
- Discussions on country-specific challenges and successful examples of building democratic resilience to “fake news” and propaganda;
- An opportunity to establish a regional network of leaders, ready to take responsibility for promoting a more mature political culture in their respective countries;
- Involvement in a discussion about disinformation in Europe.
The admission criteria/application requirements will include:
- Citizen or permanent resident of one of the following countries: Czechia, Hungary, Slovakia, Ukraine, Poland
- Minimum 25 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of working experience and proven track history of involvement and engagement within their community (i.e. involvement in the NGO sector, civil society organizations)
- Proven track-record and/or interest in themes related to countering disinformation
- English language competence: C1+
Participants will need to submit an online application form including:
- Letter of motivation
Application Deadline: October 19, 2020Application ClosedOfficial link