Applications are already open for British Council’s Future News Worldwide Conference 2020 in London, UK. The program centers around a two-day conference in London, with English as the working language.
Future News Worldwide is a partnership program between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organizations. The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures. It identifies, trains and connects the next generation of global journalists.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities Mobile App here from your cellphone.
Future News Worldwide 2020 will take place on July 14-15, 2020 at Sky’s global headquarters in London, UK. The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered. It offers aspiring young journalists opportunities to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders, with a mixture of talks, interactive panel sessions, workshops, and hands-on experiences. After the Future News Worldwide conference 2020, delegates will be part of a year-round global alumni network, helping them to engage with one another, implement their learning and continue their professional development.
At the conference, 100 of the world’s most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists will attend an intensive media training program. They will receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers, and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
Applications are welcome from anywhere in the world. It is open for students or recent graduates who are passionate about journalism. Whether a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media applicants can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 as long as they meet the eligibility requirements. Are you the future of journalism? Apply now!
- Successful applicants will receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
- The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
- The conference will help develop a wide range of journalism skills.
- The conference offers aspiring young journalists opportunities to develop practical and editorial skills.
- Delegates will be part of a year-round global alumni network, helping them to engage with one another, implement their learning and continue their professional development.
- To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 applicants must:
- Be aged 18-25 on July 1, 2020
- Be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution or have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2018
- Be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- Not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future News before
- Be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between July 11-16, 2020
- Please note that, if any applicant is shortlisted for a place at the conference then he/she will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status and English language ability).
- Before starting the application, have the following documents to hand:
- Professional reference from applicant’s editor, manager, teacher or past employer;
- English language qualification certificate (if applicants have one).
- The online application form includes two questions designed to test an applicant’s journalistic skills and interests. Read these two questions on the official website and prepare answers before starting the online application.
- It is not possible to save the work whilst completing the form, so it is recommended that applicants compose their answers to these questions offline, then copy and paste them into the form.
- The organization recognizes that quality journalism comes in many formats, and they encourage applicants to use multimedia in their responses to these questions. If applicants wish to give their answer as a written article they should use the space provided. If they wish to respond in multimedia format (such as video or podcast) please upload the file to a hosting site (e.g Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud) and provide a link in the space.
- All answers will be judged equally regardless of format.
- The application process is different for students based in Thailand. Please check the official link for more details.
Application Deadline: February 14, 2020 (27 Days Remaining)Apply nowOfficial link