The Chair for Consumer Law and Practice (CLAP), National Law School of India University, Bengaluru (NLSIU) invites papers for the International Conference on ‘New Facets on Consumer Protection Challenges and the Way Forward.’
The International conference, scheduled for November 19, 2022, is being organised by CLAP-NLSIU in association with the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, GoI. The conference will focus on a large array of issues on Consumer Protection. The agenda of the conference will mainly focus on following themes:
- Consumer Protection with respect to Sale of Goods and services through social media platforms;
- Consumer Protection from Fake Reviews on E-Commerce Portals;
- Consumer Protection & Fall Back Liability
- Imposing service charges on Consumer for the services rendered at Hotels and Restaurants;
- Recognition of Right to Repair as a Consumer Right;
- Assessment of Consumer Protection in India in par with International Best Practices
- Sustainable Consumerism
- Settlement of Cross Border Consumer Disputes
- Dark patterns and Consumer Protection
- The Best Paper awarded with 1st Rank will be Published in International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice (IJCLP) SCOPUS & UGC-CARE Listed Journal.
- Selected papers will be published by the Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, NLSIU, Bengaluru in an edited volume with ISBN.
- All the selected papers will undergo a blind review process before its publications.
- The Authors will be provided with the right to withdraw the paper from the publication of the same in an edited volume on confirmation of being selected for Edited Volume.
- All the abstracts selected for presentation will be published in Conference Proceedings.
- The Soft copy of the same will be shared with all the presenters.
BEST PAPER AWARDS
- BEST PAPER: 15,000 INR & WILL BE PUBLISHED IN IJCLP (SCOPUS INDEXED JOURNAL)
- 2ND BEST PAPER: 10,000 INR
- 3RD BEST PAPER: 5,000 INR
E-certificate will be awarded to the registered participants, presenters and awards winners who attend all the sessions of the Conference through zoom platform and submit feedback form.
Professionals, academicians, research scholars and students.Eligible Regions: Open for all
Apply online through the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022Application ClosedOfficial link